A recent study by the center of Bible Engagement, polled 40,000 people from ages 8 to 80. The study was to determine if reading the Word of God made a difference in someone’s life. What they found was amazing.
They discovered that if a person was in the Bible (more than just reading it) one time per week, it made little or no difference. The same was found if they were in the Bible two or three times per week. But if a person was in the Bible (studying God’s Word) four or more times per week, it literally changed their life dramatically:
- Any feelings of loneliness dropped 30%
- Any anger issues dropped 32%
- Bitterness in relationships (marriage, kids, work) dropped 40%
- Alcoholism, or other substance addictions, dropped 57%
- Feeling like you are spiritually stagnant dropped 60%
- Viewing pornography dropped 61%
However, one statistic went the other way – it rose – sharing their faith went up 200%.
Is it no wonder why the devil does everything he can to keep us out of it? My friends, God’s Word is a standard against all philosophies, ideas, and proposed solutions for our human condition. This is why Jesus said, “The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63).